Community

Home Community

“The View From Nanny’s Porch” …with our Big Sandy neighbors!

Good morning, friends! I started writing this column Friday afternoon while sitting on the porch at the Porch, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and soft...

BSISD “Singing Superintendent” and Wildcat Elementary Chorale at the Texas Coffee...

Jay Ratcliff is still amazed. In an effort to amuse his staff and students, he sat on a chair in the snow, singing a...

MRS. TERI JACKSON…BIG SANDY ISD EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR

Watching Teri Jackson interact with her students and later speaking with her during the interview for this article, I was amazed when she revealed...

Good morning, friends! Did everyone enjoy the sunshine Friday afternoon? Yes, it was brief, but a very welcome sight. Jackie and I had coffee...

Happy Birthday, Mayor Sonny Parsons

Uncle Mike's Italian Café is quickly becoming a gathering place for celebrating milestones. Friday morning, the restaurant was the place to be for mayor,...

Good morning, Friends! Let’s see a show of hands…Who is tired of cold, wet weather and ready for a little sunshine and warmer temps?...

Kiwanis News

Rusty Fennell, Associate Director of the Hiway 80 Mission in Longview, was the guest speaker for the Holly Lake Kiwanis  on Monday, February 12th. He gave the Club...

ROSENBALM NAMED UPSHUR OUTSTANDING EDUCATOR

BY PHILLIP WILLIAMS Correspondent Tina Rosenbalm was named "Outstanding Educator" in Upshur County at the Gilmer Area Chamber of Commerce 2018 banquet Thursday night before an audience...

Opponents Say Bill Pending in Congress Weakens ADA Protections

Mark Richardson AUSTIN, Texas - A bill aimed at strengthening the Americans with Disabilities Act may not be what it seems. The U.S. House of Representatives...
%d bloggers like this: