Community

Home Community

“The View From Nanny’s Porch” …with our Big Sandy neighbors!

Good morning, Friends! Hope this finds you all well and happy. On a personal note, Michael and I want to thank everyone for their...

BIG SANDY AREA LIONS PARTICIPATE IN DISTRICT 2-X2 CONVENTION

The Big Sandy Area Lions Club joined with the other Lions Clubs of District 2-X2 (Northeast Texas) on April 20th and 21st, 2018 to...

15 Cast “I’ve Found It!”

Gary Paris Lake Fork, April 24 5lb or more Crappie Fishing is a trial and error game. It is also a game of who do...

Wood County Sheriff’s Report – UNEDITED April 11 – 17,...

Wood County Sheriff’s Report - UNEDITED April 11, 2018 to April 17, 2018 Disturbance: 7 Thefts: 1 Burglaries: 1 Terroristic Threats: 3 Criminal Mischiefs: 2 Inquests: 1 Suspicious Circumstances: 5 Suspicious Vehicles: 10 Suspicious...

“The View From Nanny’s Porch” …with our Big Sandy neighbors!

Good morning, Friends, and Happy May! I’m hopeful that Mother Nature has finally checked the calendar and realized the temps should be getting warmer....

Local Author, Shirley West, Visits Winona Elementary Class

Story by Shirley West  On April 17, Shirley West, author of "Big Sandy - Big Helper of Men" was the guest speaker at Brandi West's...

MAY IS MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS MONTH – “LOOK TWICE AND SAVE A...

During the April meeting, the Big Sandy City Council joined with other governing bodies across the nation and proclaimed the month of May as...

Actor, comedian Jamie Foxx to receive an Honorary Doctorate from...

Hawkins, TX – Actor, comedian and singer Mr. Jamie Foxx will receive an Honorary Doctorate Degree from Jarvis Christian College during the 2018 Spring...

Big Sandy Affirms Chief’s Decision to Terminate Officer

By Kate Kirby In a meeting held April 17th, the Big Sandy City Council affirmed Chief Tim Scott’s decision to terminate Officer Clint Norman after...

The Spirit of the Teacher Expressed in the Art of...

By Joe Zagorski (HOLLY LAKE RANCH, TX) “I’ve always loved to draw,” says Judy Wilder-Dalton, artist, teacher, wife, mother, grandmother and friend. As local artist, Judy Wilder-Dalton,...
%d bloggers like this: